Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Silk

1. Shetland Triangle Shawl

I knit the Shetland Triangle in a 30%silk/70%merino yarn (12 pattern repeats).





The yarn is beautifully soft yarn and the pattern a truly lovely one. I am a bit disappointed that I could not block it to be a larger shawl. Perhaps because of the silk content?






2. Silk Feather and Fan Scarf

David returns home from his parents' house this afternoon. His mother is doing very well--as is the feather and fan scarf he is knitting from 100% silk yarn. This morning he sent me pictures of both:





I can't wait to have David sitting beside me on the couch--a fire in the fireplace, perhaps a cocktail in our hands, and the last stitches of sweaters coming for both of us.

12 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Gorgeous! To all 3!

Erica said...

Beautiful shawl and scarf! I too am making a shetland triangle – what size yarn and needles did you use? I hope you and your husband both keep up the amazing work! :)

gwtreece said...

They are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Both Mom and scarf look great! So glad to hear that David will be home soon and that things seem to be going better for his mom.

And that shawl? Oh, my! I really want to spin some silk now. I probably won't be able to pull off anything like that...but I'm feeling the pull of the silk fibers just looking at it. Nice work!

beadlizard said...

I'm so glad David's mom is doing better -- and that scarf is perfect for her!

Yes, silk doesn't have crimp, thus doesn't have the same potential for growing during blocking that wool, especially finewool, does.

Love the concentric circles in the pattern. Beautiful.

Zonda said...

Very nice work! Great job both of you!

Lolly said...

I just love your family! Knitting/spinning together - that is amazing!

Beautiful creations!!

Jenna said...

Beautiful knitting! I hope that you can still wear the triangle, even if you're not pleased with the size. I'm sure the scarf is a comfort to David's mother. I hope you can have some quality, low stress time together soon.

xmasberry said...

Beautiful! Glad to hear David's mom is doing well and that he'll be home soon.

Areli said...

They are both gorgeous, I really like the color you chose to use for the shawl.

Kathleen said...

Hiya, I've come visiting via the Scarf Style ring. Your knitting is beautiful, especially that dark Shetland Triangle, it's so classy. I've knitted that pattern too, and funnily enough I could never get it to block to a size I was happy with, even though I did more reps than the pattern suggests. With best wishes.

Kate A. said...

Wow, wow, *WOW*!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails