Friday, November 24, 2006

Adventures in Dyeing

I wore the little white scarf to a reception at my academic conference last week. As I was talking with an old advisor, someone jostled me and I spilled a drop of red wine on the scarf. (My totally imperfect but very loved handspun scarf!)

After the reception, I went back to my room and tried to get the spot out. I could not.

Finally, I dunked the whole scarf in the dregs of Cabernet Sauvignon still left in the plastic cup.

Now it is a little pink scarf.

I love it even more.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

the pink is beautiful... I think it makes the scarf even better. Nothing better than something that actually has a life (and the scars of life) rather than something that just sits in a drawer perfect, but unused.

Kathy said...

You certainly made lemonade from lemons -- great idea and ever greater attitude!

FemiKnitMafia said...

That is hilarious! You rock.

Kirsten said...

Fabulous fix! The scarf looks great.

NeedleTart said...

Brillant! Just what the scarf was pleading for. Now you can suck on the scarf when you are stressed ;-)

TheAmpuT said...

I absolutely love that you have a scarf dyed in wine. Good save.

beadlizard said...

You are wonderful!

Kate A. said...

Brilliant! And I love pink. Pretty in its own right, *and* you are now impervious to future wine stains as well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails