Sunday, October 01, 2006

Welcome to Socktoberfest!



If you're part of the online knitting world, you know about Socks that Rock yarn.

Well, I have discovered the Socks with Knots yarn. It has nothing to do with Socks that Rock....

Remember when I told you about the obnoxious sock that was trying my patience and stretching my sense of propriety?

Update: I continued it just as it was, thinking I would donate it to new amputees coming back from the war. It occurred to me that an amputee with a prosthesis and a sense of humor might be amused by wearing socks that are sort of alike but not really--so I cast on with the extra yarn for a second sock, knowing it would not match the first one.

The second ball started soon after the starting color for the first sock. Oh well. (Breathe, gal, breathe....) Since I'm not making matching socks anyway, why not just cast on wherever--right?

And in a fit of talking-while-casting-on, I managed to do an inch of 1x1 ribbing at the top of the sock, despite the fact that the first sock has 2x2 ribbing. (Will the donee still think this is funny or is the lack of symmetry just too much now?!)

And then--I came to a second knot. And tied to that knot was a totally different color, going in the opposite color pattern direction.

OK. I have had enough. While I will finish these socks, it will take more bravery than I can currently muster to show you the finished objects....


Instead, in appropriate Soctoberfest fashion, I will entertain you with my favorite beer:



8 comments:

Liz K. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Liz K. said...

Oh, how EAP would have approved of that!

And there is truly no excuse for that yarn. None whatsoever.

Mouse said...

Poe beer? Blast.. now I'm sorry that I don't drink!

hillary said...

It really sucks that you're having such problems with that yarn. I'm sure that there must be someone out there with a quirky sensibility that would appreciate the very fraternal socks.

Caroline said...

The beer is just too hilarious. I can imagine taking a case to our English Department Christmas party. Edgar is kind of a downer to invoke during Christmas, but the literary connection is just too good to pass up. I wonder if I can find any on the West Coast.

EGJ said...

LOVE the beer! Well, the looks of it, I mean, unfortunately they have not developed taste-photographs yet... That cap is just to die for. (I feel myself regressing to a five-year-old with a passion for bottle caps here...)

pat said...

Hi, I came to visit from the Fall Cable KAL. You mentioned that you had completed the "Must Have Cardi" so I did a little detective work and found it in your August archives.....It is beautiful!!Seeing that sweater gives me just the inspiration I need to finish mine!! Thank you.
Happy Socktoberfest!

Lolly said...

Poe beer?! WOW WOW! ;)

Happy Socktoberfest!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails