Sunday, October 15, 2006

Swallowtail Takes Flight

As soon as we boarded our airplane flight after dinner on Friday evening, I pulled out a piece of scrap yarn, my crochet hook, the pattern for the Swallowtail Shawl, knitting needles, and a ball of beautiful silk yarn.

Here is what kept me busy from Baltimore-Washington International Airport until we arrived in Dallas for a brief layover:



On the second flight, I slept.

We arrived at our hotel at 3am our time, slept like logs for six hours...

...and awoke to this Saturday sky right outside our window:



and this little fellow, too:



A big day of adventure ahead!

4 comments:

margene said...

The shawl looks great and what a cute fellow you caught in the act of seeking adventure.

Daisy said...

I'm new to your blog -- where are you? The rabbit is adorable. Or is it really a hare?

Mouse said...

I'm slowly trying to overcome my fear of lace knitting.. I bought some beautiful laceweight yarn and am deciding on a pattern now.
What a cute bunny.. he looks like he's up to something though!

Kirsten said...

That yarn looks like a wonderful choice for Swallowtail. It is such a lovely shawl. You are such a talented knitter, I know yours will be gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails