Saturday, August 23, 2008

Socks for Son

My 9yo son has been asking for a pair of handknit socks for a long time. I finally made him some--which are already almost too small. (His feet are growing so fast...)



These are top-down socks with a 1knit-3purl rib for the ankle and the top of the foot. The yarn is the very pretty but very splitty Tofutsies yarn, knit on size 1 needles with a 64-stitch cast-on. I like how the pattern works with the slightly-shaded yarn.

And Son likes that he finally has some handknit socks of his own. Coming up: pictures of socks I knit for myself and socks that David knit for himself!

2 comments:

Martha H said...

I like those socks! My love/hate relationship with Tofutsies is such that I enjoy seeing projects knit with the yarn. I'm sure they'll serve as great hand-me-downs to some lucky kid.

Veggie Mom said...

Wow, I'm jealous--you're so crafty! My SIL, Aunt Julie, is crafty that way. I do have a way with words, though--must be why I have a blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails