Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Paradise Regained

We're home in Takoma Park now, but we have plenty of wonderful memories of our very peaceful vacation.

Despite the initial setback in our blueberry-picking plans, we succeeded on our second attempt.

We spent the morning of perfect weather hiking about an hour or so along a wide mountain path and found ourselves at an open area where several trails meet. Blueberry bushes filled the central area and lined the paths.



Although I ate at least half the berries I picked today, David had a bit more self control and filled his quart-sized container with small intensely-flavored fruit.



After our lovely morning walk, we got in the car and started back down the mountain. We pulled over at a few scenic lookouts, including Looking Glass Rock...



...and Looking Glass Falls.



* * *



While we took pictures of the beautiful mountain views, an Asheville reporter took pictures of us taking pictures for a report the local newspaper was doing on the popularity of photography by tourists along the Blue Ridge Parkway. So I thought it would only be fair to take a picture of him. Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of him taking a picture of us taking pictures....

4 comments:

Martha H said...

Hmmm, I see a trip to the mountains of NC in my future...lovely pictures!

Red said...

I am very jealous. Beautiful photos.

Barbara deG said...

Wonderful pictures! you captured the beauty of the place.

Veggie Mom said...

I've always LOVED berry picking! I have fond memories of going blueberry and strawberry picking with my family when I was a kid. Love your snaps, BTW, and welcome home!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails