Monday, February 25, 2008

Tearing up the calendar

While we were out of town for the last few days, I kept some notes about my days and considered posting them to fulfill my duties for Blog 365. But I'm hesitating. I've really had no problem posting something every day--but often it is stuff I really haven't thought through enough to post, or something that feels more like a waste of everybody's time (the writer's and the reader's time) than a real post. Sometimes I've been really busy and probably should have put other priorities over the blog, but did not because of the 365 challenge.

There are times when blogging regularly pushes me to think more. But there are other times when it pushes me to wrap things up before I have had quite enough time to prioritize them.

So I am hereby quitting Blog 365 and while I intend to hold myself to writing something every day, I probably won't post all of it. Good luck to all of you who are sticking with it!

4 comments:

Mouse said...

Those "post every day" type alongs tend to end up as more quantity not quality.. for me anyway. I much prefer well thought out posts that are sporatic than daily fluff as filler. (not that I'm saying that ANY of this applies to you or your blog.. I'm speaking for myself here.. lol)

NeedleDancer said...

I find that when I push myself to post EVERY DAY... (which I accomplished once for a whole 7 days), I usually wind up posting filler.
I applaud those of you who managed to write something approaching real posts that often. I'm thinking if I could skip the job part of my day, I could get it done, but so far, no one has stepped up to pay me a salary to blog.

Sara said...

quality wins over quantity any day I say -

not to say that I have noticed any lack of quality in your daily posts!

TheAmpuT said...

This has been tough for me, too. I have been mulling over dropping out as well.

I do hope you'll keep posting often,though. I love reading along!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails