Friday, February 15, 2008

Chicken Soup with Rice

I sometimes wonder if I've signed up for too many little blog games. Well, perhaps I can sometimes combine them. How about an alphabetical local meal?



We stuck a still-partly-frozen stew chicken from our local meat supplier into the slow cooker and covered it with water along with a bit of locally-grown onion. About 18 hours later, the stock was thick and smelled wonderful.

When dinnertime rolled around, we added some leftover local rice (well, at least it was local where it was bought) and assorted root vegetables, as well as salt and pepper.

* * *

In February it will be
my Snowman's anniversary
with cake for him and soup for me
happy once, happy twice,
happy chicken soup with rice!


--Maurice Sendak

1 comment:

Mouse said...

Local, Alphabetical & on (eye candy) Fridays! I know.. I'm already wondering why I signed up for ABC-Along AND Project Spectrum. Doh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails