Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Hoppin' John

In almost a New Year's Day reprise, we made local Hoppin' John and collards.

Both the rice and the crowder pease were bought and grown in South Carolina near where my parents live. Although the beans are so fantastic and flavorful they need nothing more than a smidge of salt, this time I seasoned the Hoppin' John with some bacon from a nearby Amish farm.

The collards were from our local farmers market. I sprinkled my greens with hot pepped vinegar--which we put up during the summer with our own homegrown red peppers.




David and Son decided to do an interpretive dance of our menu:

1 comment:

mrhulse said...

Yum, especially the Carolina grown items. It makes me (almost but not really) wish I were back there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails