Thursday, August 31, 2006

UFO update

Note: Tomorrow I will post about our yarn adventures in Vermont. Incidentally, I did not know about Kaleidoscope Yarns until I got home (when I heard about it from some of my S-n-Bers as well as from y'all)--and I had no idea Webs was so close! The place we went, for those of you who would like to guess some more, is actually in Putney....

But for today, UFO wrap-up:



For this month, following a brilliant knit-along called UFO August, I set myself the goal of finishing some UFOs and WIPs. Thanks to the support and encouragement of the KAL members, I actually finished 6 of the projects I had in my baskets!



1. Icarus
See finished shawl

2. Linen Feather and Fan Stole
Finished

3. Irish Hiking Scarf
Finished

4. Must Have Cardigan
Finished

5. Blue Socks
Finished



6. Laura Ingalls shawl
Finished

A present for a young friend, here modelled by Snow White's evil witch bearing a tomato a poisioned apple and by a friendly pirate.




7. Pi Shawl
While this is not an FO, it has turned from UFO to active WIP. All that is left is about 80% of the edging. It requires a great deal of attention compared to what I have these days, so it is slow going. But it IS going now!



8. Birthday Bunnies in Ballarina Suits
No progress

9. Birthday Fairytale Mice
No progress


Unfortunately, I also seem to have acquired a couple of new unfinished projects:

1. A sock, always a good project to have on the needles:



2. And a knit-in-the-car seed stitch soy silk shawl:



But hey, they don't have to be finished until NEXT August, right?

15 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

That's an impressive "Finished" list! Kudos!

xmasberry said...

amazing! The only way I would have finished so many thing would be if all they had needed was to weave in the ends!

Stephanie said...

Incredible! Bravo on all of your FOs! Your knitting is absolutley beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I love the Snow White witch picture!

Stuntmother said...

WOW! That is wonderfully encouraging considering that I am having a UFO crisis right now.

And I love the Laura Ingalls shawl. Where did you get the pattern? Or did you make it up?

Kirsten said...

I am in the process of finishing the toe of the second sock on my 6th UFO August project. (It's 10:23 pm on the 31st, what am I doing reading blogs?!)
It has been great KAL. Your projects are inspiring!

Lazuli said...

Wow, that's a lot of FOs! Congrats! As for Putney, I'm thinking Green Mountain Spinnery - yum - but that's without googling or looking at the book, so I could be wrong.

Wendy said...

Wow! What progress!

jasmine said...

Ok, Green Mountain Spinnery? I know that is where you went. Impressive finishing. I came home from Vermont wanting to move back there. Isn't it great

EGJ said...

Tomatoes actually are poisoned apples. At least, that's what my grandmother thought when after the war she went to the market and saw these fantastic, unrealistically red apples. She had to try one of course, and bit into it expecting a firm, hard, slightly sour but sweet meat, and instead got these sickly squishy tomato innards filling her mouth.

She'd never seen tomatoes before, and it took her a long time to get over that first impression...

That soy silk scarf looks really nice, but mostly, I'm curious about those bunnies now!

Caroline said...

Where did you get the pattern for the Laura Ingalls shawl? It looks so cozy. The fearsome pirate is a great model!

Anonymous said...

Did anyone ever get an answer as to where the Laura Ingalls shawl pattern came from? I cant find any reference in any google searches so it must be your own pattern?
Very nice, I like it.
Cindy

The Purloined Letter said...

I'm so pleased you like it! It is just a small version, knitted with Lamb's Pride, of Cheryl Oberle's Simple Garter Prairie Shawl. It can be found in the book Folk Shawls. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I have that book and am currently working on the wool peddlers shawl. Will have to make this one now too.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I have that book and am currently working on the wool peddlers shawl. Will have to make this one now too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails