Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Ravenous Raven: Local Dinner



Lamb Curry with Cauliflower, Cabbage, Apples, and Yogurt
Served with Roasted Okra and Chapati

Lamb from Smith Meadows
Cauliflower, Cabbage, Apples and Okra from our CSA, Licking Creek Bend
Yogurt from Seven Stars
Amma's Chapati


Our favorite way to cook okra is to roast it whole. Arrange the spears on a cookie sheet with plenty of room to breathe, toss them in a little olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast in a preheated 400-degree oven for about 15-20 minutes. This turns okra haters into okra lovers. Try it with quartered brussel sprouts, too!

Check out Son making Liz's homemade tortilla recipe!

4 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

The Sheep probably shouldn't get so drooly over the consumption of lambies, but golly that looks good. I love anything that's been curried!!!

Jasmine said...

I will have to try that with Okra -- although I am far from an Okra hater it is always great to find a new way to prepare it. I checked out the little giant and was wondering where did you find wine berry jelly? Did you make it yourslef? I grew up eating wineberries on the South River and no one else seems to know what I am talking about when I mention them.

Jamie said...

I, too, am intrigued by the roasted okra. I love okra in any form (my default is stewed with tomatoes and onions), but I bet I'd love this.

Kat said...

I can't believe it!! I was scrolling through, catching up on what I hadn't read yet when I saw your okra stems.... You have the same dishes I do - Pfaltzgraff Midnight Sun (I used to work at their outlet store that's why I actually know how to spell Pfaltzgraff correctly :)

One of these day's I'm going to have to try okra....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails