First, I blocked the front panels and the back of the Must Have Cardigan. These are their wrong sides:
But these blocking wires are not the only things designed to shape objects into reasonable positions. As I bent over the sweater, one of my underwires popped out and jabbed me in the underarm.
After I steamed the sweater pieces (with the steamer I bought this weekend at the thrift store for $3) and let them dry, I seamed the shoulders and picked up 250 stitches to knit the button band. Ah. THIS is why the sweater became a UFO. After some time and only a little cursing, SUCCESS!
But then, Pi called. Finally braving the side-to-side knit-on edging, I began its lace:
When we went out for dinner, I knew I could not take either of these now-lap-filling projects. So I grabbed the Irish Hiking Scarf and knit a few rows while I waited for my masala dosa. Only a little cultural conflict.
(The scarf is draped over the chair at what I want to be its center point. You can see what I have left. I'm trying to save it for time in the car this weekend.)
Ah--but in addition to knitting, there was a bit of spinning. I turned some of the singles from Julia's fiber into a 2-ply skein.
Son did some spinning, too--finishing the mottled roving he made on R's drum carder.