Monday, August 21, 2006

Thanks, Moms!

When the mail arrived, this box came with it:



This box of goodies was the prize from Stuntmother's blogiversary drawing. And what a prize!

In addition to beautiful correspondence cards, there was:

Baby alpaca yarn (looking quite mammary in this pic), destined to be fingerless mitts? a delicate scarf? a little tam? Yummy!


Sock yarn in a perfect colorway--subtle but full of life.


And even this for Son! I snapped the picture just before it sailed away.


Thanks so much, Stuntmother!

*

In another box delivered the same day, I received my order for this beautiful hand-dyed fiber (colorway Ocean Mist) from local dyer extraordinaire Mama-E:



I can't wait to spin it up!

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

That's some mighty fine loot!
BTW, congratulations on your nomination! I cast my vote for you!

Jeanne said...

Nice stash enhancement! I love the roving - great colorway.

Sheepish Annie said...

I haven't tried Mama E's roving but I must say that I'm loooooving her sock yarn. Congrats on the loot!

Kathy said...

The postmom was good to you!!

Caroline said...

I voted for you too! You wrote a wonderful piece. I still say you should have been an English major:)

Sean said...

i lost you for a while! awesome stuff! love the fiber (at mama-e's in another window as i type,) scarf came out wonderful, LOVE icarus, and you make me miss vermont. I remember those warm mini apple pies for like a dollar and OMG SO GOOD.... always food in the memories. (sigh) ;) hope all is well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails