Sunday, April 16, 2006

Down to the toes

Last night we all sat out on the deck in the glorious weather and knit for a little while. David continued the seed stitch scarf for Son and I worked on my socks. I'm up to the toe decreases on both pairs.

As we enjoyed the weather and the sounds of the outdoors, I asked David what he would write about if he had a knitting blog. He talked about how knitting is something he can do with his hands while he listens, whether he is listening to a book on tape, attending a lecture, or having a conversation with us. He pointed out that knitting actually makes him a better listener, giving him the patience and focus that a good listener requires.

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL socks! Great job! I'm still afraid of socks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails