Friday, May 18, 2007

Wool

I continue to slog through the slow-going Seraphim. The rows are unbearably long and the stitch pattern has utterly failed to keep me enthralled. On the other hand, I don't think I've ever knit a more wearable shawl. It will be warm, soft beyond belief, and simple enough that I won't feel like I'm wearing a costume.

What do I have left? Only three monster rows and then the bind-off. I hope to have it finished and blocked by my knitting group on Tuesday night--but perhaps I should just hurry and finish it today. The weather is cool enough right now that I might even get to wear it this season.



* * *

I spent yesterday afternoon knitting with a friend and chatting as our children played. Her youngest is about 16 months--walking predictably now, playing pretend (house and family) and dress-up, and saying her first words. 'Mama' and 'Dada' were words one and two. She said her third word to me as she walked into the room carrying a bag of carded fleece almost as large as she is: "WOOL?"

8 comments:

Karida said...

that's delightful! truly, we have to begin indoctrinating them early.

micah said...

That's great! I remember being in hot water for teaching my neice "Booger" when she was little! Ah kids; I'm glad everyone else is having them!

jennifer said...

I understand the feeling of never finishing a row -- I've got 30 rows to go on the body of Diamond Fantasy and the rows seem to last FOREVER! But maybe we'll both have new shawls to show on Tuesday!

Jeanne said...

The shawl looks great - hope you finish it up soon! I think the last rows are always the hardest.

Specs said...

Heheh. Start 'em young!

Liz K. said...

Those last few rows of any shawl are the worst. When I knit Icarus, one row took me over 30 minutes!

Hang in there! A lace knitter like you knows it is worth it.

vanessa said...

that is precious!

those long long shawl rows do seem neverending, don't they?

your lace looks lovely :-)

beadlizard said...

You get double the usual Enabling Points for swaying a youngster toward the Truth! --Syl, wondering what her mother thought?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails