Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Starting Fresh

Inspired by the Yarn Harlot's return to "Tuesdays are for Spinning," I did a bit myself yesterday:



The Interlacements silk roving is in the colorway "Turkish Carpet"--and right now I'm planning to 2-ply it with itself so the colors will become more mixed. Anybody want to weigh in or give some advice?

The first 2-ounce package came from Rhinebeck and I bought a second pack in the same colorway last week at MDSW. If I have enough yardage, I may knit a very simple (seed stitch?) triangular shawl with the finished yarn. Other ideas?

5 comments:

Mouse said...

no ideas.. just.. wow! Its gorgeous.. I haven't tried to spin silk yet on my wheel but I've done a bit on a spindle.

roggey said...

Wow - that's some beautiful roving! I'm going to go back to spinning silk this weekend - mostly silk caps and hankies, though...

Sheepish Annie said...

My best yarns are the ones that I just let be what they want to be. The more mixing of the colors, the better it seems to look. And how could you go wrong with all that rich, saturated color? it is just lovely!!!

Martha said...

OMG, it is so lovely! I don't spin, but I look forward to seeing the finished knitted piece, whatever it turns out to be...

Jeanne said...

That's beautiful roving - I've never spun silk so no ideas. Can't wait to see it finished though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails