Thursday, September 14, 2006

"all about her..."

I am blown away by the prize gift amendment that just arrived in my mailbox. A few weeks ago, Stuntmother sent me a box of treasures. She included a note that there was another little item that would arrive later. Well--here it is:

Stitch markers from Zephyr that have little sayings such as "I knit, therefore I am," "To knit or not to knit, that is the question," "Oops, I knit it again!" (perfect for a pattern repeat marker), "If you knit it, they will come"...



...and THIS one...



It says: "Quoth the Maven, 'Knit some more!'"

* * *

On top of this amazing gift, the sock yarn Stuntmother sent me in the earlier box has totally become a new favorite. Here are the socks:





The yarn is dyed by Lisa Souza. I just ordered some more of her sock yarn to keep the family's hands busy and our luggage light during our fall and winter travels. Can't wait to try out some of the other gorgeous colorways!

* * *

Incidentally, Stuntmother just posted a list of deep answers the internet provided her when she spun the 8-ball and asked what she needed. As she did, I plugged "[my name] needs" into the search engine. The Google Gods don't seem to have that much to say to me, but they certainly were clever:

The Purloined Letter's author:

"needs a new name"

"needs adoptive parents who will support her mental therapy program"

"needs more than skills to escape the trap"

"needs a shave?"

"needs her vaccinations, worm tablets, and flea control"

"needs to write the word, then say the word, then say each letter as she writes it down again"

"needs to apply lots of make-up so she can perform in her latest dramatic role"

"needs a night of pure bliss that is all about her"

5 comments:

FemiKnitMafia said...

Oh, Danskos. Me loveth the Dansko.

Liz K. said...

That Stuntmother is something else, is she not?

Specs said...

Them's some nice socks. I'm always looking for sock yarn that's colorful without being garish or cheerful (%*)$&#$ cheerful socks).

Caroline said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Caroline said...

I adore those Danskos too! Mine look about as "loved" as yours look:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails