Friday, September 15, 2006

His Homespun, His Hat

Tuesday night I knitted a hat for my 7yo. It is a simple rustic warm winter cap.



It is knit from homespun, always special. But this project is a special treasure. I alternated rows of my very first wheel-spun yarn and my son's very first plied yarn. He made it from one strand of spun pencil roving and one strand of fiber he put through a friend's drum carder. Here's a close-up of his spinning:



Luckily, the last few days have been cool enough for Son to model the hat!

10 comments:

Poops said...

First of all, your son is an amazing spinner! I've seen grownups that don't do half as well!

And the hat is adorable and a true treasure.

Anonymous said...

You two make a wonderful pair. May he wear it in good health.

Sheepish Annie said...

Now that one is a keeper! Well, two keepers if you count that cute little guy you've got there. Nice teamwork in your family!

Liz said...

Great team effort! I had no idea your son was only 7... he's very accomplished!

Mouse said...

How cute! It made a really great hat too- my son wants me to make him mittens now, but he wants me to spin up blue yarn for them. I had no idea these little guys were so interested in what we do with fiber!

Amy O'Neill Houck said...

I love the hat and the yarn--did he save some to knit for himself?

Caroline said...

What a sweeeeeeet picture of your son. I'm jealous of his interest in fleece and knitting in general. My children have never been bitten by the knitting bug....at least they'll cook with me though.

Kirsten said...

I am in awe of your 7 year old! The hat looks fabulous! He (and you) should be so proud!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful collaboration! That's one sweet hat, and a sweet-looking little boy wearing it. :-)

beadlizard said...

It doesn't get any better than that. Magnificent!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails