Monday, September 11, 2006

Fairy Bed

For the 5th birthday of one of our favorite young fairy-loving friends, David, Son, and I made a fairy bed!

Abe used his new tools to make a bed of his own design. (See his blog for more details.) After sawing the parts and nailing them together, he painted it a deep green. David sewed together a felt mattress. Abe made a pillow sham out of the same felt, outlined with mattress stitch. I made the coverlet.



Using incredibly tiny needles and miniscule and unforgiving crochet floss, I tried out a lace pattern from Barbara Walker's A Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns.



Today's ridiculous knitting was sponsored by a Pomegranate Cosmopolitan.


1 ounce Pomegranate juice
1 ounce Triple Sec
2 ounces Vodka
1/2 ounce lime juice

Shake with ice until very cold. This recipe makes a bit more than I can drink and still knit lace fairy bed coverlets....

7 comments:

Mouse said...

I'm sure the fairies will love it though.. Did you leave them any of the cosmopolitan too?

Leslie Shelor said...

What a charming project (I'd probably need the Cosmopolitan, too!)

Bonnie said...

I love it! The bed and coverlet, I mean--but the drink looks good, to.

I just have to get the 2nd B. Walker treasury. All the lace patterns I like seem to come from that book.

Kate A. said...

The fairy bed is gorgeous! And I *insist* that lace knitting - especially that kind of lace knitting! - is way harder than Fair Isle!

Could definitely use one of those cosmos myself, but that would be more for the diss than the knitting. :-)

Sheepish Annie said...

Love it!!! That is just so cute... That cosmo looks so very yummy!

Lazuli said...

That's really cute! The coverlet came out really nice!

Miss T said...

Absolutely darling. Very nice job on that itty bitty lace!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails