Friday, December 15, 2006

Dreaming

I am officially doing holiday knitting.

And (oops) a small project that I need to put away until after the holidays...

And a small UFO that I now have yarn to complete...

But I'm not here to talk about what I should do today.

I'm thinking about tomorrow.

After way too many sleepless nights filled with panic about the now-finished book, I spent an hour last night between 3am and 4am dreaming about new projects. Perhaps because I no longer have the weight of an unfinished book on my lap, I have room for a serious-commitment kind of project. Actually, I'm thinking about a couple of big projects for the coming year.

Cast your votes--one per category:


A. FAIR ISLE SWEATER:

All of the choices in this category are designed by Alice Starmore.

1. Glen Albyn:



2. Rosalie, which is supposed to be good for a relatively new strander:



3. Henry VIII:




B. ARAN SWEATER:

1. Beth Brown-Reinsel's Celtic Dreams:



2. Alice Starmore's St. Brigid:





3. Alice Starmore's Inishmore:



4. Alice Starmore's Cromarty

Check out this picture of the adorable Rachael in her version!


C. LACE SHAWL:

1. Diamond Fantasy by Sivia Harding:





2. Mountain Peaks by Miriam Felton:




3. Paisley shawl from Fiddlesticks:




So? What do you think? Cast your votes!

17 comments:

rebecca said...

mmmm- I pretty much love them all but I'd have to say "Henry" really caught my eye. OF course I could be talked into voting for a shawl if you would do a knit along with me too! -

FemiKnitMafia said...

Glen Albyn or St. Brigid.

beadlizard said...

Glen Albyn, St. Brigid, and Mountain Peaks. In that order. Is this your menu for 2007? --Syl

Rachel said...

I have no idea why, but the paisley shawl from fiddlesticks is what really stood out to me. But they are all worthy projects. Hard to decide...

EGJ said...

St Brigid and the paisley shawl.

Sara Skates said...

In your case? A stranding project. Not the Inishmore IMO - too short-waisted. You know you can do lace ;) It's hard to resist those cable projects...

Anonymous said...

Henry VII or the paisley shawl both caught my eye...

Amy O'Neill Houck said...

Definitely Henry!

Anonymous said...

Okay -- I've nursed two folks through Henry, and I don't think he/it is a good first Fair Isle -- I'm not sure about the sizing on the vest,(AS runs small sometimes) so I vote for Glen Albyn in Fair Isle, and St. Bridget, and then Mountain Peak (WHERE CAN I GET THE PATTERN!!!)

jennifer

Angeluna said...

Henry VII
Cromarty
Paisley is pretty spectacular! The designer is lovely and instantly responds to desperate questions.

Can't wait to see what you do.

TheAmpuT said...

Ya' know, I DID stand out to me that you were doing this thinking between 3 and 4 am...but it wasn't until I reread your post that I saw you wanted a vote for EACH category! So you want THREE big projects next year? Whee!

a) Glen Albyn
b) Cromarty
c) Mountian Peaks

xmasberry said...

I've knit Celtic Dreams, love the sweater (mine is not as large on me as the one in the image), and wear it all the time. However, since it is you knitting it and not me, I think i'd vote for Glen Albyn.

xmasberry said...

oh, i also failed to notice the one per category. So:
a) Glen Albyn
b) Celtic Dreams (or Cromarty, do i really have to choose?)
c) Mountain Peaks

NeedleTart said...

Mim's shawl.
Happy Chanukkah!

Jeanne said...

Henry, St. Brigid and Mountain Peaks - I've always loved Henry, and hope to do it someday.

Kathleen C. said...

Okay, I vote for... uhmmm... oh, this is so hard! Okay, okay...
St. Albyn
Brigid
Paisley
But whichever ones you do, I know they'll be beautiful, and I can't wait to vicariously knit through you!

gwtreece said...

My vote is for St. Brigid but then I have it my pile as one of my next projects.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails