Monday, July 24, 2006

Sock at the Pavilion

Sock goes to the Pavilion, an amusement park that Grandfather and Grandmother visited frequently when they were children.After this season, the Pavilion will be torn down to make way for new developments.

After he buys a few tickets and walks through the gate, he meets Clown! After contemplating the size of his own feet, Clown thinks Sock is ridiculously puny.


Sock walks around the park, admiring all the flying feet he sees--those big...


...and small.


He enjoys watching his family on some of the kiddie rides.


When he tires of amusement park rides, he poses for pictures:


He plays some skeeball. Knitter David tells him that he and Knitter Purloined played skeeball on their honeymoon.

Sock decides to head home after one last ride:


Also see Sock's Day at the Beach

12 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Again, I marvel at how much more fun that sock is having than I. The shot with the clown will probably be sock's holiday card this year...

gwtreece said...

Totally jealous, the sock has more fun than me.

Amie said...

I was thinking it would be the cardboard cutout shot for the holiday card. Otherwise the sock would have to explain to its nosy aunts who the clown was and why the sock couldn't marry a rich doctor and then things just get messy...

Terrific posts!

Sarah said...

Looks like Sock had a big day! Too funny.

Carole said...

Love the feet photos!

Penny said...

Wow, your sock lives a more exciting life than mine! How fun - too bad the park is being torn down :(

I stopped by your blog for an Amazing Lace pitstop :) I enjoyed the sock's trip to the beach as well!

Lolly said...

Another great sock post! These are so much fun! The picture with the clown made me laugh out loud ;)

Sock sure is adventurous!

featherfarm said...

I am really enjoying the adventures of sock. Especially because I have a pair knitted with the same yarn. Their lives have been extremely boring compared to your sock!

Kate A. said...

What a blast! And oh, the memories of skeeball you've brought back to me! I really should get back to my socks-in-progress, if only as an excuse to take them on outings...how else will I ever get out and meet clowns??

Bookish Wendy said...

What a great post. So funny. I can see how the light heartedness of it would lift your spirits!

Kirsten said...

Love the post. Sounds like sock had a good time.

It makes me sad to see bits of Americana vanishing to new developments. Glad you got one last chance to visit the amusement park that your grandparents enjoyed.

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails