Thursday, July 27, 2006

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety-Jog

We've said goodbye to the beach and to my parents and driven the long way back to Takoma Park MD. In the car I started knitting the Irish Hiking Scarf, a holiday present for my father. What a great pattern it is. If anyone is looking for a first cable project, this one would be terrific.

I knit some on it last night at the Takoma Park knitting group. I always love seeing everyone and their projects! There was quite a crowd, including 4 youngsters--at least 3 of whom knit. One is a bit older and knitted the whole time with the grown-ups while the others knit some and played together the rest of the time.

Being home means that in addition to sleeping in my own bed and eating what I normally eat (lots of fruits and veggies and whole grains), I'm back to my spinning wheel.

When she said she loved wine-colored yarns, Kate reminded me of the fiber sent to me by Julia. It is a deep, deep red zinfandel-colored ever-so-slightly variegated fiber from Ashland Bay Trading. It is lovely to spin up! Thanks, Julia!

9 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Always nice to be home again! Both the scarf and the homespun ar looking great. The color on that fiber is so rich-looking!

FemiKnitMafia said...

Come up, come up and visit me and Julia. Soon?

xmasberry said...

The scarf is looking great. I made that for my father-in-law last year. It's nice and fast (even for me)!

Gorgeous colors in the home-spun. Just enough variation to keep it interesting, but not busy.

alliesw said...

The scarf is beautiful--quite an accomplishment for a road trip!

Lolly said...

Such wonderful progress on the Irish Hiking Scarf! That pattern has always appealed to me, but I have not yet made it. I know my dad or Kris would wear it! :) (heck, I would wear it!)

I hope you have a good weekend, back home sweet home! :)

julia fc said...

You are doing right by it, girl. and . . . What C said.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails