Saturday, July 08, 2006

The Ravenous Raven: This Week's Local Dinner


Soft Tacos:
Steak strips from Smith Meadows bought at our local farmer's market
Shitake Mushrooms from Calvert's Gift Farm, bought at the farmer's market
Spring onions from our CSA, Linking Creek Bend Farm
Garlic from our CSA
Tomatoes from Hummingbird Farms, bought at our local food co-op
Corn Tortillas from Moctec in Hyattsville, MD, bought at our local food co-op

Salad:
Assorted lettuces from our CSA
Fresh peas from Musachio Produce Farm, bought at the farmer's market

Beer: Hook and Ladder in Silver Spring, MD


Dessert:
Blueberries and blackberries Musachio Produce Farm, bought at the farmer's market

9 comments:

Leslie Shelor said...

It all looks delicious! And so fresh!

Good luck on the spinning challenge; the yarn looks great!

Stuntmother said...

What a lovely idea - and a lovely meal. I have to say, I am so glad to have found you. I enjoy reading your blog so much, and this week I have especially enjoyed all the Philadelphia entries.

julia fc said...

I do so like this idea. I can count beer as food? That's a diet I can stick too. Keep the local dinners coming!

Lolly said...

So wonderful to catch up with your blog - I have missed it!
We have been enjoying fresh blueberries around our house. SO good! Thanks for all of the links too ;)

jasmine said...

So first you tempt me with the ice cream from Mt Rainer, MD and shortly after it shows up in the Washington Post and now you are eating corn tortillas -- yum, I will have to look for those

jasmine said...

So first you tempt me with the ice cream from Mt Rainer, MD and shortly after it shows up in the Washington Post and now you are eating corn tortillas -- yum, I will have to look for those

Cheryl said...

Ooh, those berries look wonderful. My farmer's market has been slow on the food side this year. Lots of flowers but hardly any fresh fruits or veggies. A little disappointing.

paula said...

Yum!! Looks so tasty! Where do you get the hook and ladder? We've only had it in bars/restaurants... I'd love to have that in my fridge! :)

Birdsong said...

I am glad to see you are doing this! I haven't managed to photograph a meal yet, but continue to advance my local eating this summer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails