Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Ravenous Raven: Local on the Road

We are traveling today--and here's our local meal for the road:



Sandwiches:
Hummus from Olive Tree (Takoma Park, MD)
Bread from Spring Mill Bakery (Bethesda, MD)
Lettuce from our garden



We also took some peaches from our CSA. The sandwiches are packed in reusable wraps that we love. They serve as not only a wrap but a little plate. Very civilized. We also packed water in our Klean Kanteens, an reusable alternative to plastic water bottles.

1 comment:

Birdsong said...

Thanks for the tip on the wrap/placemats; I have never seen them live and in person and will have to search them out. I love my Kleen Kanteen, although I had hoped it would keep the water colder than it does now that the weather is so hot. I am having trouble keeping up with my CSA peaches; they go from ripe to over the edge awfully fast when the weather is over 90.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails