Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Warmth

Both our gardens and the local Takoma Park and Silver Spring farmers markets are exploding with the earliest spring produce--finally!

We had a salad made of mache, pea shoots, sorrel, arugula, and radish tops--topped with slivers of French Breakfast radishes:



The main course, gobbled down before we could get a picture, was chicken breasts cooked with cream, ramps, and morels. On the side: the season's first asparagus!

These are the tastes of warmth of Spring.

* * *

I've also produced some warmth to provide for a young friend--a little more quickly than I planned, since I need the needles for another project.



I finished the last few rows of the Heartland Lace Shawl (designed by Evelyn Clark and published in the amazing magazine Wild Fibers) at tonight's knitting group--and will block it next week after David's parents leave. Although the lace was designed for luxurious Buffalo yarn, I used two skeins of ultra-cheap Knitpicks....

3 comments:

vanessa said...

gorgeous lace.

Martha H said...

I saw the little birthday cake icon next to your Ravatar. Happy Birthday!

The Purloined Letter said...

Thanks, Martha! I didn't even know about those. I'll keep my eyes open in the future....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails