Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Crises and Our Money

Son and I have been exploring the Great Depression for history this spring. One of the resources we've loved is the seven-part PBS documentary called The Great Depression. Full of amazing photographs and incredible stories about both the cruel and horrible actions that this country has perpetrated as well as the incredible strength and humanity of the same country, this documentary is definitely worth a watch. It is available through many libraries and also through some rental outlets.

At the beginning of each hour, an announcer comes on saying, "Major funding for the great depression was provided by ... the annual support of viewers like you."

Hm. Guess we didn't help enough then. Makes me want to give a little more....

1 comment:

C Meir said...

Major funding provided by people like me. I promise I'll do better...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails