Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Silk Adamas

Off the blocking wires:




Adamas Shawl by the incomparable Miriam Felton, knitted with Claudia Hand Painted Yarns Silk in the subtly-variegated "Ink" colorway, made with size 3 needles.

I plan to wear this when my book is released!



This is my second Adamas, and I enjoyed it just as much as the first. From the beginning, the pattern clicked in my mind enough that I could do it without much thought. But it is never boring to knit. The look of the stitches is orderly and rigorous rather than romantic or overly ornate--which definitely suits my style. I can imagine knitting this shawl yet again at some point....

9 comments:

Batty said...

Beautiful work!

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous! You are inspiring me to knit another Adamas, in the downtime between MS3 clues...

I think I even have some yarn for it already. Sneaky.

Devorah said...

Oh my! That is fantastic! Wear it well.

Sheepish Annie said...

Stunning!!!!

Agneta said...

absolutely gorgeous

Laura said...

It's gorgeous! The yarn is so fine it looks like a cobweb. :-)

judy said...

Pretty! pretty! And wow, silk!

EGJ said...

Who can resist a colourway called Ink? Esp for a book release... ;-) I have myself been eyeing Sublime yarn in Ink, but not sure what to make of it...

Sourire11 said...

Beautiful!!!

I knit that pattern awhile ago in wool... the silk you used is really fantastic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails