Thursday, June 21, 2007

Returning--to Knitting

Between the heat and a busy period, I've neither knit nor posted as much as usual. But since the heat has broken, the needles are flying again.

I'm on the 15th repeat of Miriam Felton's Adamas (a 14-repeat pattern that I'm knitting on smaller needles and therefore making with 15 or perhaps 16 repeats). I love the "Ink" colored yarn, hand-dyed by Claudia.



I'm also working on a small project for a friend's upcoming book. While the yarn is beautiful and the stitch pattern a lot of fun to knit, even looking at the mohairy fuzz makes my hands sweat....


6 comments:

The Tell-tale Heart said...

Glad you're back. I've missed your posts.

Sheepish Annie said...

I love the "ink" color. It seems so "shimmery!" That is going to be a lovely lace piece!

Kathleen said...

Ooh, that ink color is so pretty, as is the shawl.

Dame Wendy said...

Oooo the lace looks beautiful!!

Jennifer said...

The Ink colorway is astonishingly pretty! I love that Adamas pattern. I may just need to make a third one...

OfTroy said...

you do know that keeping mohair in the freezer will keep it less fuzzy?(and that the only way to frog mohair (yes, you can frog mohair!) is to freeze it?

pop it in a zip log bag, keep it in the freezer (or if there is no room, the fridge) when not working on it.

it doesn't get stiff or even feel cold (well the needle do..but not the yarn..)

you'll notice though as it warms up, it gets fuzzier.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails