Sunday, April 29, 2007

Presents

I can't quite get over the amazing presents I was given for my birthday. My knitting pals gave me a gorgeous handknit linen washcloth and fancy soap, a beautiful handcrafted hang-in-your-window light-dispersing decoration (what ARE they called?), and lots of luscious yarn and spinning fiber. We also had a very festive yarn swap during our knitting group that night.

As I opened the car door to go to the group, this present from David was sitting on my seat:





Do you see that bottom one? I'm still just speechless. For days I've been trying to come up with something in human language to express what I'm feeling--but I can't. Shock. Awe. Confusion. Gratitude. More Confusion. (For you non-knitters out there, you can Amazon it to get some idea why I'm going through this particular range of emotions....)

When I told Jennifer about the present, she said, "Well, in case you haven't realized it, that guy loves you an awful lot...." Yup. And the feeling is mutual.

* * *


After my birthday on Tuesday, we paused in our celebrating for just a day before it was time to recognize Son's 8th birthday. He decided to go to the new pirate restaurant in Silver Spring--all decked out in costume:







We ended the evening with a special dessert:



David had found the perfect present for Son at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore near his work. As soon as we pulled into the driveway, he popped the trunk and Son found an "inventor's set" of completely random building junk. I think Son was about as excited as I was about my gift!

7 comments:

Mouse said...

Cough.. cough.. sputter.. gasp.. WOWZA! Talk about an awesome hubby and a wonderful gift!
I love weekend knitting as well.. its one of my favorite books to just page through and look at the photos when I need some inspiration. I bought that book before I could really even knit more than a few stitches..
Happy birthday (belated) to you and your son!

Sheepish Annie said...

I love it when the perfect presents make it to just the right people! I'm glad that you and son had great birthdays.

That's some hubby you have there!!!

Francesca said...

You got yourself a keeper for sure. :)
Happy belated birthday.

FemiKnitMafia said...

OMGOMGOMG he found Aran Knitting??? And bought it for you? Can I borrow him?

Liz K. said...

You can tell your husband knits. Mine tries very hard to be interested and asks lots of follow-up questions, but there is no way he's get me Alice Starmore.

And I LOVE the inventor set. The best gift my daughter got this year for her 6th birthday was a big box of dress-up clothes from the thrift store. Creativity is the greatest plaything.

SaraSkates said...

Wow. Just wow.

Amy O'Neill Houck said...

I love that he's the "peace" pirate :-) See you tomorrow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails