Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Diamonds are a girl's best friend

I'm just finished the seventh repeat of the Diamond Fantasy Shawl, knit on size 3s with Helen's Lace. I don't think I've ever enjoyed knitting something more than I have this project. Even when I daydream about a next project, it is simply this same shawl in this same yarn but another colorway.



I love how you knit the lace border as you go along:



I am loving the shawl so much that I convinced one of my knitting buddies, Jennifer, to start it too! Her yarn choice, Claudia's hand painted silk, might be just as addictive as Helen's Lace....

The diamond lace pattern is too complex to knit during knitting group, and for that I have the lovely but almost boringly simple Seraphim Shawl. For this shawl, I am using the luxurious Jade Sapphire Cashmere yarn. I was showing off the softness of the yarn to David's 97-year-old great aunt--and the stitches pulled off the needles right after the first set of eyelets. I got the stitches right eventually, but one hole continued to seem huge. After spending entirely too much time trying to fix it, I ripped out a few rows and tried again.

Seraphim also caught the idea of another one of my knitting pals, Martha. She's using a totally different yarn and it looks fantastic so far.

What fun it will be to model our different shawls together!

7 comments:

Helen said...

I think I may now understand why my Helen's Lace hasn't told me what it wants to be yet....
I have liked that pattern for quite a while now.

I may have to yield to your clear wisdom.

Mouse said...

I'm not a fan of lace in varigated yarn.. but your choice of colors and patterns works perfectly. Its beautiful!

Martha said...

I can't wait to model all of our SSK shawls!

Kendra said...

I stopped by after reading your post on the Sivia Harding list. Your DFS is knitting up beautifully!

Sheepish Annie said...

It makes me happy when you knit shawls. I just can't help but get me a goofy grin on my face when I see one of your lacy creations. Soooooo pretty!

I also sigh a lot and make many false promises to keep trying lace. :)

Knitting Bandit said...

It's so pretty...it ALMOST makes me wanna knit lace! The yarn you choose is perfect.

Wendy said...

I absolutely LOVED this pattern too -- did it last month for my husband's annual silent auction.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails