Monday, March 20, 2006

Sunday Go-to-Meeting Shawl

Last night we rented Lantern Hill, a sappy video version of the book by Lucy Maud Montgomery, the author of Anne of Green Gables. The movie is pretty lame, although it does have a couple of my favorite actors (Sam Waterston and Colleen Dewhurst). Also, both knitting and spinning make their appearances, as does a beautiful spinning wheel that I covet.

Thinking I would be too engrossed in the movie to cross my cables the right way, I picked up a more straightforward project, my “Go-to-Meeting” shawl. (The project acquired that name because it can be knit while I’m at a co-op board meeting or an academic conference, not because I plan to wear it to a religious service). It it knit with a linen yarn that I thought would be great to work with when it gets warm. Since it is freezing right now, I seem to have gotten ahead of myself...

I think I need to cast on something that is not green.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails