Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Pi Shawl

While we were getting ready to go to the library, the local elementary school let out and kids flooded the streets. A neighborhood boy started playing with Son in the "bush house" he's made behind the yews and ancient azaleas in the front yard. It was a sunny afternoon and we were both overdo for a little vitamin D acquisition, so we postponed our trip for a little while.

I sat down with Nancy Thomas’s Shawls and Scarves to drool over the pictures and dream about future projects. The more I looked at Elizabeth Zimmermann’s Pi Shawl, the more the pattern intrigued me. There is a really beautiful example made by Wendy on her website. I wound up pulling out some DPNs and stash yarn just to play around with the cast-on. While Son played for an hour, I tried out the first few rounds and found myself getting addicted. I think I might put the pattern on my to-do list--and perhaps make it in silver laceweight? I hope that by frogging the "swatch" I can keep myself focussed on the linen shawl and the cabled cardigan. The pattern gets stored away in a folder until the other projects are finished, at least if I can keep it from escaping back into my current-projects basket….

1 comment:

Amy O'Neill Houck said...

Great to meet you tonight Hannah! Your Pi shawl looks awesome, I can't wait to see how it progresses.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails