Saturday, March 18, 2006

Cable Dreams

Last night I half woke up, needing to go to the bathroom just enough that I could not fall back to sleep quickly but not enough that I actually went. My still-sleeping brain prevented me from getting up, saying that the time it would take for the short pee would not be enough to complete an entire row of the sweater.

Later on, when the need was a bit more urgent, I realized that the next row on the sweater was a more complicated one (with 4 cables to cross and two wraps to do) and I would probably need to turn on the light to do it. That seemed like a bad idea since it would fully awaken me. So I stayed in bed just a little longer.

Eventually I had to pee enough that I fully awoke--and realized that I do not have to be knitting just because I get out of bed....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails