Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Knitting Together

Last night we went to a knitting group that meets in the basement of a cafe in town. What a nice mix of people. A few were extremely experienced, a few were newbies, and two were just prospective knitters curious to see what it was all about. One woman was making an Einstein Jacket from Sally Melville's first book, The Knit Stitch, out of a gorgeous variegated part-angora yarn. Two women were there finishing up scarves that they started in a knitting class taught by Amy, also in attendance. In addition to teaching knitting classes, Amy also teaches crochet. I'm hoping to take a class with her at some point!

I took my linen shawl and made a little bit of progress. The yarn is quite slippery on my aluminum needles. I ought to switch to bamboo or something, but these were my grandmother's needles. Having some of her soul knitted into the shawl is my goal. If I don't fall in love with it too much, it will be my mother's holiday present.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails