Friday, November 28, 2008

Blocking Dragons

David has been knitting dragon scarves recently:

a dark green one for our 9yo son, and this purple one (temporarily modeled by our son) which we wrapped up and gave to a young purple-obsessed dragon fan.



What a funny little pattern! Watching my partner knit it was amusing as he juggled three needles in order to create the scales.

The scarf was quite a hit. My favorite part is the round metal eyes we found in the button collection--a leftover from a 1950s sweater, perhaps?

3 comments:

Mouse said...

Oooh.. I love this! I have this pattern saved because I know both my son and I would love them. I hear that the pattern is difficult though.

The Purloined Letter said...

From watching David knit it, I would say it was an unconventional pattern but not actually a difficult one. It isn't easy to look at the directions and get what is going to happen, but once you try one or two, it seems more straightforward. My advice: don't use metal needles on this one. Too slippery.

Carrie K said...

I tried knitting this pattern while waiting for one of the season Shakespeare plays to begin and just couldn't quite get it. Looks good!

Those buttons are marvelous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails