Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

In the Truth about Valentine's Day contest, the tally at this point is:

15 votes for story 1,
15 votes for story 2,
and 3 votes for story 3.

Only one story line is true, although there other two stories contain bits and pieces of truth taken out of their real contexts. You still have time to vote! I'll give you the true story on Friday and announce the winner of the drawing.

* * *



I finally bound off Kiri and will block it this weekend. Although I love the pattern and adore the look, I don't think I'll be knitting lace from Kidsilk Haze (seen here in the luscious Liqueur colorway) on Addi Turbos again soon--at least until my eyes and hands recover....

* * *

On Saturday evening, David and I both decided to cast on Zimmermann Baby Surprise Jackets (which can be found in both Knitting Workshop and The Opinionated Knitter (what a fantastic book!). I ordered from Schoolhouse Press and was tickled when Cully's wife took my order and told me she was knitting her first Baby Surprise right now too! After watching Meg Swanson's marvelous DVD, I just could not resist starting one with him. We've got strict rules so one of us won't get too far ahead of the other. We're having so much fun team knitting! And what a cool easy but mind-bending pattern this is. Thanks, EZ.



I am using Jamieson and Smith jumper weight while David knits a slightly larger jacket from worsted weight Paton's Classic Merino:



I promise PROMISE promise we are not expecting, especially not expecting twins! David is knitting his as a present for a friend's baby. Mine will either go into the "save it until needed" basket or be donated to a charity auction or a knitting project charity like Dulaan, Afghans for Afghans, or a local hospital's maternity ward. Do any of you have favorite charities that would appreciate a baby sweater? Today is a day to share the love.

* * *

Tonight: Champagne as we remember our previous Valentine's days and celebrate the current one. Enjoy your evening, everybody!

4 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Team knitting! What a great idea!

Kiri came out beautifully. Well done!

said...

You know, I still have to make one of those! Yours both look great, I love the colors. It's funny I haven't made one of these as my LYS owner always has people making them...and I was pregnant when I started knitting! Just one more thing to add to the list.

Liz K. said...

A very happy Valentines Day to you and your family! Enjoy the champagne!

Kate A. said...

BSJs are in the air! Me too. I love that pic of the shawl looking like a heart. I can only imagine how annoying the kidsilk haze/addis combo was, but the result is luscious...

Can't wait to find out the truth about the stories!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails