Friday, February 02, 2007

Endpapers

I've really been enjoying Eunny Jang's Endpaper Mitts



Following the votes of most of you, I started with the brown and rose. (For those of you who preferred the brown and blue, have no fear. I think they may be up next in the hopper.)

I especially enjoyed learning the Italian tubular cast-on. Eunny suggests it and links to this wonderful tutorial. Although at first I had trouble learning the technique and counting the stitches at the same time, once I got used to it, the cast-on felt like swimming, or dancing. As a relatively ambidextrous person, I love anything that really allows both hands to get in on the action. The rhythmic back and forth is quite soothing.



If you try this cast-on, don't forget to pull out the extra yarn (as described in the tutorial) in order to get the most aesthetically pleasing and elastic edge.

4 comments:

Amy O'Neill Houck said...

Mmmm... pretty! I'm hoping to finish my hat tonight so I can start some "real" fair isle. :-)

Jeanne said...

Very pretty!

Birdsong said...

You are doing a wonderful job! I really like the color combination.

EGJ said...

They look really nice - the colours are reminiscent of the Red Herring pattern too. Very warm and inviting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails