Friday, January 12, 2007

First FO of 2007

The time I had to knit during my travels and during the conference allowed me to finish this:



The Shetland Triangle shawl from Wrap Style is a terrific first lace project--and it is also great for conference-knitting when you can't spend every moment looking at your knitting or a pattern.

I knit it from luxurious Handmaiden Sea Silk, easy to knit with and luscious to touch. The yarn is a bit slippery so I recommend using a bamboo needle.

Using 11 pattern repeats to give a 6 ft. width to the shawl, I used all of one ball plus just enough extra to bind off the final row. (I think David may knit this same shawl with the second ball and knit only 10 repeats.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh so pretty and elegant! this one is on my list too. :-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, as always! Is there a knitting book in your future? I'd buy it!!!!!

Birdsong said...

Holy Criky! You managed to knit that and concentrate at a conference? I am in awe, and the sheen from the beautiful yarn has me totally envious.

tiennie said...

That is so beautiful! I could stare and stare at it all day.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it is so beautiful. The color you used is lovely, too. Different than what one usually sees :-)

Specs said...

I've always been too afraid of the "shouldn't you be doing something else?" conversation to knit at conferences :)

The shawl is beautiful! I hope soon you get weather cool enough to wear it.

Carrie K said...

Gorgeous! You managed to knit your first lace project at a conference? Awesome.

That's beautiful Alpaca yarn you picked up.

The Purloined Letter said...

LOL! No, I was not brave enough to knit my first lace at a conference. I've knit a bit of lace before, including this exceptionally regular pattern. I would not knit most lace at a meeting. All I meant is that this pattern would be great for a newbie OR that a more experienced lace knitter could do it a conference.

Anonymous said...

That looks fabulous! And I agree - I got so that I could watch TV while I was knitting mine. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails