Saturday, January 20, 2007

Fair Isle February KAL



My parents bought this sweater in Scotland in 1970 when I was a very young girl.

Please join me at the new knit-along this month as we celebrate Fair Isle knitting and try our hands at colorwork. Whether you are a novice or an expert, we'd love to hear about your adventures in stranding.

All projects are welcome. Some of us will be starting sweaters. Perhaps you plan to try a traditional tam or a great mitten pattern. Maybe a colorwork purse sounds just right. But whether you are designing your own complex Fair Isle cardigan or just attempting a stranded iPod cozy, here's a place to meet friends, ask questions, learn new techniques and history, and share your progress.

There are no rules in the KAL. You may start a new project, get enough inspiration to pick up a UFO or finish a WIP, or design something on paper but not knit a single stitch.

At the end of the month, names of all participants will be put in a pot for a DRAWING FOR FABULOUS PRIZES donated by such vendors as Schoolhouse Press and Black Water Abbey!

2 comments:

EGJ said...

Sounds great - I'm in the process of knitting my first fair isle item, the Pirate mittens from Hello Yarn, and it'd be great to join a kal. So, excuse me for being a bit dense here - but is there a "1" in your e-mail address? Nevermind, I'll just try it and see if it works out.

Lolly said...

Yea! Sounds great! I was planning to start on my Bea Ellis stranded hat kit for February's Project Spectrum ;) Perfect timing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails