Friday, June 06, 2008

A New Eden

I dreamed of Richard Heinberg.

(Doesn't everyone? The guy is a genius.)



Yes, he's sexy, but it was not that kind of dream....

I sit in the audience at a talk. He says brilliant thing after brilliant thing.

I am following, only a step and a half behind him.

I ask a question. I almost understand.

He pauses.

He says, after the pause, "OH!"

He pauses again.

He says:

"Well--what you are wondering about is just XYZ, obviously...

...but your question made me UNDERSTAND

how to UNDERSTAND THE WORLD
AND SOLVE ITS PROBLEMS
IN THE PAST,
PRESENT,
AND FUTURE
!"

I awaken,
wondering
what it is I want
to be
in this life
I am dreaming about.

2 comments:

Birdsong said...

Wow... you must be pondering lots of heavy thoughts in the waking life to have such a dream. Sometimes I wish we lived in simpler times, as the responsibility to think seems to get heavier with each passing year.

Carrie K said...

That is a pretty heavy dream!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails