Saturday, March 08, 2008

Plague

After one post on pain and the next on fear, I suppose you must really be craving a happy post--but unfortunately, I am living in the house of the plague.

For a week I've been coughing my little head off--apparently with the croup. (Did you even know that post-toddlers can get croup?)

Just as I did when I had asthmatic symptoms or whooping cough or what have you when I was a little girl, I've spent an enormous amount of time in the steam of a hot bath. Can't wait to see the water bill.... But the steam really works, at least for an hour or so. And now I'm taking oral steroids, too. (I asked the resident doc if I could go to the olympics and he said not this week--due to the cough, not the drugs.)

David came home from work last night feeling very ill himself--possibly the flu?--and is asleep upstairs. At least he gets an adult illness....

Our son is still healthy and has been making us endless cups of tea, repositioning our pillows, and getting pretty bored. Luckily, our friends have been looking after all of us and entertaining him occasionally. He is a pretty amazing kid who doesn't need much to be happy.

Although I still bark quite a bit and my head is too cloudy-headed to do any significant work, I'm starting to get a little better, I think.

Upcoming: a series of posts on unconventional revolutions, a series of posts on the ways people have imagined life in a chaotic future, and a picture-heavy post of me modelling my still-as-of-yet-unseamed-but-still-lovely aran cardigan.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I hope you feel better soon. At least it was a good day to hunker down at home.

Sheepish Annie said...

That flu has really hit hard this year. Rest up and I hope you guys are all feeling better real soon!

Melinda said...

As I make my Growing Challenge posts this week, I've noticed a lot of people are sick. I had the flu last week - it was horrible!

I found that planting some seeds helped me feel better. Ahem. ; )

Seriously, I can hear the coughing and raspy voice through your writing... Take care of yourself.

Lanea said...

I'm afraid I'm finally succumbing to that coughing nightmare. Blech!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails