Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Finished Objects

Right before we left for our week in Chicago (more details soon), I finished knitting the purple silk Swallowtail shawl. My first Swallowtail took forever and was absolutely cursed. Once it was actually finished, I could see that its very fine silk yarn made it stunningly gorgeous. This one, with slightly thicker yarn, flew off the needles within a week, without incident. While not as delicate, it is lovely as well. Fantastic pattern.

Here it is on display at Chicago's Millennium Park:









* * *

And I came home to an advanced copy of my book! While no needles were involved, it is quite a sense of accomplishment to have one's oldest WIP (Work In Progress, for you non-knitters) come into life.








Celebration all around!

9 comments:

Stuntmother said...

Congratulations on two beautiful FOs. I love those photographs!

The Tell-Tale Heart said...

I guess son doesn't yet count as a finished object, he may however be your oldest WIP.

Congrats on a fine week -- D

PS -- Thanks for taking time to rescue my sock in Chicago.

Kathy said...

Congratulations on the book -- what a major accomplishment!

Lucy said...

Congratulations on both your finishes - The shawl is lovely and the book - a magnum opus indeed!!

Sheepish Annie said...

Wow! The shawl is a "wow!" The book is a huge "wow!!!" That is just such a huge accomplishment. I'm just beaming for you over here! That book is absolutely beautiful to look at and I imagine that the text is thoughtfully crafted. Just *beaming* I tellya!!!!

Miss T said...

Congratulations on your book!!

Nikki said...

Congrats on finishing the Swallowtail, but coming home to a copy of your book, wow!!!

Margene said...

The shawl is beautiful and congrats on the book!!

Evelyn said...

Big Kudos on the book. As a writer (as yet unpublished) i applaud the accomplishement.

As a lace knitting addict I think the shawl is a gem. Excellent work.

Do you attend any of the local knitting groups? I live in D.C. and I occaisionally go to the Sunday group at Stitch DC Capitol Hill.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails