Friday, January 02, 2009

Eating Local on the Road



I've not been posting much recently about our efforts to eat locally, but that does not mean we haven't been doing it! At home, much of our diet is sourced locally--so much that we sometimes take it for granted. Quite often, we realize half way through a meal that all ingredients other than salt and pepper are local.

On the road, however, it is a little more difficult. Our two week vacation to visit our families has had a few local moments--including one of my favorite annual traditions: roasted oysters, gathered and prepared in coastal South Carolina where my parents are from. Delicious!

1 comment:

Carrie K said...

Oh yum. Makes me want to run out to Inverness and get some local oysters myself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails