Friday, December 07, 2007

Time for Champagne!

Susan and I were interviewed on NPR radio today. While my cowriter can say beautiful things totally spontaneously, I have a great deal of trouble talking off the cuff. (I don't talk--only write.)

We sat in a the NPR studio in DC--apart from our interviewer, the phenomenal Frank Stasio. It takes a great deal of effort to follow purely verbal discussions because hearing takes so much effort. I really can't hear and think at the same time. (Stasio did have to call on me to make me talk.)

I told my partner and son that the interview would be a success if I managed to make it home tonight alive. It would be a smashing success if I had not thrown up.

I survived. Hearing the interview now, I know that my beating heart does not even show up on the soundtrack...

5 comments:

Carrie K said...

Oh, awesome!

- Carrie K

Penny L. Richards said...

I'm listening right now... I was going to put it on my iPod and let you guys walk me to school a few times, but I couldn't resist having a listen immediately.

Misstea said...

You did a fine job! No audible heartbeats at all.

Mr. Wilson's story sounds incredibly sad. I cannot fathom the circumstances. I know nothing about being so powerless.

It sounds like you have chronicled a very interesting time in American history (something I know very little about). He was approximately the same age as my grandfather, and died the same year. My grandfather, obviously, led quite a different life.

Thank you for giving me this opportunity to learn.

And interestingly enough, the next song to pop up in itunes was a cover of The Beatles' "Don't Let Me Down." I'm going to think about that for a while...

Kay Olson said...

I'm downloading it right now.

Also, I have your book on my reading pile and plan to get to it this winter, and review on my blog after that.

Congrats on the interview!

Sara said...

cool!

so you survived and made it home alive as you're blogging -

but did you throw up :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails